Because we’re an independent agent, we represent many carriers for a boat insurance policy! Coverage options are plentiful and you can get specialized coverage, such as Roadside Assistance, On-Water Towing, Total Loss Replacement and more.
Ask for a Boat Insurance Quote Today!
With so many boat insurance options, we will provide you with information to help you choose the best coverage for your boat or personal watercraft insurance needs.
Boat insurance covers many kinds of boats from personal watercraft to sailboats, fishing vessels to personal watercraft. So, even if you feel you need a specialized policy, it is just a boat insurance policy is that you need. Ask an agent today.
What you need to know about Boat Insurance:
Multiline Insurance Agency will work hard to ensure you’re covered on the water and that your coverage needs are met. Give us a call today at 317-476-6141 to start a quote. When shopping for boat insurance in Indiana, there are some things you should keep in mind.
- Navigational Area: Many companies offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline, into Canadian coastal or inland waters and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. Some companies offer additional options for further navigation. Inquire today!
- Agreed Value Coverage: Boat and personal watercraft depreciate over time; it’s a fact. Having your watercraft insured as actual cash value can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. Agreed value coverage means that if your boat is a total loss, you will get the value you insured it for, minus your deductible. Don’t depend on a homeowner’s policy to insure a boat. Your homeowner policy may not provide enough, or any coverage for your boat. Ask an agent about a specialized boat insurance policy.
- Liability: Personal liability coverage provides coverage to you for damaging other boaters if you’re found to be at fault for an accident on the water. This coverage pays to repair or replace their property as well as any medical care, lost wages and other costs resulting from the accident.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage will cover your or your passenger’s medical bills as a result of an accident on the water. The coverage limits vary and covers you, your passengers and even your water skiers/tubers while being pulled behind your boat, regardless of fault. Coverage limits vary, but typically cover medical bills for you, your passengers as well as any water skiers/tubers being pulled behind your boat, regardless of fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage: Physical damage coverage is available and pays to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment and your trailer, if it is damaged or stolen.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Many boaters choose not to get insurance. However, if you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages and other costs. Ask an agent today about UM/UMBI coverage for your boat today.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: In the very unfortunate event that your boat should sink or be damaged on the water, there is a possibility of a fuel leak. As the boat’s owner, you are liable to clean this fuel up, which can be very time consuming and expensive. Ensure that your boat policy covers you for fuel spill liability and wreckage removal.
- Personal Effects: Your watercraft policy can provide coverage for many personal effects such as clothes, cell phones and fishing equipment that are on your boat. Make sure you’re properly insured on the water by talking to one of our qualified insurance agents today.
- Emergency Assistance: The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
More coverage is available. Our agents will go over all coverages with you so you can make an informed decision about what coverages are right for you.